Thursday, July 2, 2015

Runner



"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." - Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV.

"For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life." 
- Titus 3:3-7 KJV.

"And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief" - 1 Timothy 1:14-15 KJV.

The KINDNESS and LOVE of God our SAVIOUR has appeared to man. By His MERCY He offers man the gift of SALVATION, the HOPE of ETERNAL LIFE. Believers have this hope. Unbelievers do not have this hope. Unbelievers are on the run. Salvation is of the Lord. It is by His grace, and by His grace alone man is saved. Salvation is not by works of righteousness that men do. Salvation is through the work of the Lord Jesus Christ, the SAVIOUR, on our behalf. God is rich in mercy, rich in grace and great love for man, and salvation is His great gift to man. Those that run from the Lord, run from His great love and mercy. They run from the blessing He has for them. I was a runner myself for a long time. I knew that God could strike me dead for my sins against Him...yet in His great love He drew me to His word and He saved this poor wretch of a man. The Lord showed me His great KINDNESS. His mercy is everlasting. Sinners ought to fear Him, sinners ought to fear His judgement and His great wrath towards sin and wickedness, yet sinners ought to come to Him in repentance and faith. God commands all men to repent. Men naturally seek a way of escape from the eyes of Him who sees and knows all. Men naturally hide in darkness from the Light of the World. Sinners, stop running! Come to Christ Jesus, the SAVIOUR. Christ Jesus came to save sinners. Maimed, lame, broken, dirty, rotten, sick...sinners.

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." 
- Romans 5:8 KJV.

While yet sinners, Christ died for us on the cross. Before we were ever born in this generation, Christ died for our sins, was buried, and on the third day rose again to conquer death once and for all according to the Scriptures, the sure and true word of God. Runners are running from their only hope and salvation, from the true Gospel in which we are saved. Runners run from the KINDNESS of God.

As a young man I was very ill. I had to be hospitalized for a time. After my release the bill was great. Thousands of dollars I could never pay. The bills came. Then the calls came. I ran. I hid. I rejected the calls. I was still sick. I was tired. One lady would not give up. She insisted that I come in and see her. She insisted that I come in and discuss the matter. For a year or so I evaded her. A call came one day from her, and in a moment of weakness I agreed to meet with her. I was tired of running. The day came. I met with her. I came into her office with great dread of the debt I owed. I sat in a chair, quiet, ready for the judgment. With joy she gave me some news. It was then and there when this tired runner heard the news that my bill had been paid in full. Someone I did not even know paid my entire debt. It was then and there I was discharged from the burden of debt. I was released from that great debt, and set free from the burden I had carried for so long. I had been running from a blessing all along. KINDNESS was pursuing me and I was running away. O sinner, STOP RUNNING!

Jesus says "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."  - Mark 2:17 KJV.

God is calling. God is calling sinners. God is calling sinners to repentance. God has EXCEEDING riches of grace in store for the repentant sinner. God has abundant pardon and mercy toward the sinner that will come to Him. God longs to set the sinner free from his great burden of debt. We have a debt of sin against God we can never pay. We ought to know it. We hide in the darkness, afraid of the call. The good news is this: Christ Jesus the Lord has paid that debt in full! Salvation is full and is a free gift from God to the poor, sick sinner. Heed the call of repentance from the Lord. It is a call of tender mercy, a call of His kindness. God be merciful to me a sinner.

Even as believers, after being saved by God's grace, we can still run from the blessings of the Lord. Not yet comprehending His great love and kindness towards us, we act as mere servants and not beloved sons and daughters. We were not saved by our works, and we will not be kept saved by our works. We can be forgetful of His great mercy towards us. As believers, we can still remain aloof in the shadows. O believer, stop running!  God has great kindness towards us through Christ Jesus the Lord.

Dan Dunn
June 4th, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment